Prayer Points to help in overcoming Bulimia

 Prayer Points:

 Psalm 25:16-17 "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses."


I declare that by your stripes, I am healed from the physical and emotional pain of bulimia. Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed."


I surrender my fears, doubts and worries to you, Lord, and I trust in your divine power to heal me from bulimia. Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


I renounce any negative beliefs or thought patterns that have contributed to my bulimia, and I choose to embrace the truth of your word. Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."


I pray for wisdom and guidance for medical professionals who are treating me for bulimia, and I ask that you use their skills and expertise to aid in my healing. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."


I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."






I ask for forgiveness for any harm that my bulimia may have caused my body, and I pray for restoration and healing. James 5:14-15 "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."

I take authority in the Name of Jesus against you the Stronghold of Bulimia over my life, Mind and Body. In the Name of  Jesus, I break and destroy you. Loose your hold over my life. I loose myself in the Name of Jesus from your Stronghold in the Mighty Name of Jesus.


I pray for complete healing of my digestive system, and for my body to be able to properly process and absorb nutrients from the food I eat. Psalm 139:14 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."


I renounce any shame or guilt associated with my bulimia, and I declare that I am worthy of love and respect. Psalm 34:5 "Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed."



I pray for the strength to resist the urge to binge and purge, and for the desire for unhealthy foods to be replaced with a craving for wholesome, nourishing meals. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."


Father, I thank you for your promise in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Lord Jesus, I believe that by your stripes I am healed, according to 1 Peter 2:24, "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed."

I pray for wisdom and guidance for my medical team as they help me in my journey towards healing, according to James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."

Lord, I surrender my struggles with bulimia to you, knowing that you care for me, according to 1 Peter 5:7, "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

I renounce the spirit of fear and anxiety that has held me captive and declare your peace over my life, according to Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Father, I ask that you would give me the strength and discipline to make healthy choices and resist the temptation to engage in bulimic behaviors, according to 1 Corinthians 10:13, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

I pray that you would renew my mind with your truth and help me to see myself as you see me, according to Romans 12:2, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Lord, I ask that you would restore my body to its natural and healthy state, according to Psalm 103:2-3, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases."

I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, according to Psalm 139:14 and 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

I pray that you would help me to find joy and satisfaction in you, rather than seeking fulfillment in food or other unhealthy behaviors, according to Psalm 16:11, "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence, there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Father, I ask that you would break the power of shame and guilt that has kept me in bondage to bulimia, according to Isaiah 61:1, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor


Post a Comment

0 Comments